There are so many ways you can reach Palompon from various destinations; here are some of the routes (anywhere you are originating):
- From Cebu via Maya Port
From Maya Port you could rent a boat to Kalanggaman. From Cebu City you can travel by land via Ceres Bus to Maya Port.
- From Cebu Lapu-Lapu to Kalanggaman Via pump boat (from Angasil Port Lapu-lapu - Kalanggaman Island).
- From Cebu to Palompon, Leyte
From Cebu: Travel by boat or a fast craft to Ormoc City, or you can travel by land to Bogo City then take a boat ride either to Palompon or you can go straight to Kalanggaman Island. There are daily boat trips plying the Cebu City-Palompon route by Super Shuttle Ferry Pier 8 Private Pier Terminal in North Reclamation Area, Cebu City (Telephone: (032) 232-3150, (032) 231-0639, (032) 234-4121, (032) 345-5581.
- From Manila: Daily flights to Tacloban City, Ormoc City (both in Leyte) or to Cebu City.
- From Malapascua Island: It's a 1 1/2 hour to two hours of boat ride to the island.
- From Tacloban: The town proper of Palompon can be reached by a three-hour travel by van from Tacloban City. From Polompon Leyte, Kalanggaman Island in Palompon Leyte is a 1-hour ride by regular boat and 39 minutes by speed boat.